Check out an interview with the authors on CNET!
Featured on The Verge
“Aspiring LEGO stop-motion filmmakers need look no further: this is the book that will launch your career…or at least give you a good beginning.”
“Ever since the release of The LEGO Movie, I’ve wondered how I could create my own stop-motion videos with my ever-growing LEGO collection. Thanks to the genius minds of David Pagano and David Pickett, I had the opportunity to learn with The LEGO Animation Book.”
—Rory Bristol, GeekDad
Have you ever wondered what your LEGO creations would look like on the big screen? The LEGO Animation Book will show you how to bring your models to life with stop-motion animation — no experience required! Follow step-by-step instructions to make your first animation, and then explore the entire filmmaking process, from storyboards to post-production.
Along the way, you’ll learn how to:
- Create special effects like explosions and flying minifigures
- Convey action and emotion with your minifigure actors
- Design sets for animation — make three buildings look like an entire city!
- Light, frame, and capture consistent photos
- Add detail and scope to your films by building in different scales
- Build camera dollies and rigs out of LEGO bricks
- Choose cameras, software, and other essential animation tools
Dive into the world of animation and discover a whole new way to play!